The Baldwin Historical Society was organized in 1991 to develop and promote interest in the history of the town of Baldwin and to collect, preserve, research, and disseminate historical and genealogical information relating to Baldwin and its inhabitants.
The Society has, in the past, created and sold Baldwin historical calendars, assisted in the compilation of material for the Sebago Lake West Shore Images of America book and has written and published the book Baldwin, the History of a Maine Town; As Told By Its Citizens.
Selected Baldwin Historical Society images:
- Grange Members in Baldwin, ca. 1890
- Baldwin Centennial celebration program, 1902
- Arthur Merritt Noble Farm, Hiram, ca. 1930
- Samuel Spencer claims bounty for Wheat
- West Baldwin Church, ca. 1906
- Noble marriage certificate, West Baldwin, 1896
- Roadsters, Burnell Tavern, West Baldwin, ca. 1916
- E. H. Chadbourne general store in East Baldwin
- Hiram Falls, Baldwin, ca. 1914
- Draft for town of Baldwin's Civil War bounty certificates, 1863
- Baldwin Apples baseball team, 1935
- Haying, Baldwin, ca. 1890